It's hard to believe a whole month has gone by. The good news that that infants are pretty hard to screw up (unless it's done blatantly, I guess). Everyone is still relatively sane, and everyday it seems that we figure out a little more. The bad thing is that we also realize what we thought we had thought we figured out wasn't really figured out.
Erin is done with school for the summer, so she gets the joy of spending the day at home with Annaliese. One of the hardest parts of my day (other than getting out of bed in the first place) is walking out of the door to go to work. I love coming home to see her, and I'm disappointed if she's sleeping. She is starting to smile a little more, which I'm sure any parent can tell you is awesome (even when it may be just gas she is smiling at). My mom was up here for a week, and took around 600 pictures, so I'll post some of those below.
Annaliese got this play-mat from one of the couples in my squadron - I think it's her favorite thing so far. Every time I set her down on it, she gets this big smile. She likes to swat at the hanging stuff, and just look at some of the colors. It also has a little mirror that she likes to look at. I think it's supposed to play music, but we haven't put batteries in it yet.
We have taken a few short trips to date, including one last weekend to Myrtle Beach, SC, to celebrate our 4th wedding anniversary. Annaliese did great - she (we) love her car seat, because she falls right to sleep on the road. She didn't get much enjoyment out of the beach, since she is not allowed in the sun yet (see pic below). She did do great on the trip. The next test will be at the end of the week - we are headed out to western NC for 5 days. A buddy and I are doing an adventure race, and we decided to rent a cabin for 4 nights and make a trip out of it. His family (wife, 3 yr old daughter, and 20mo son) are coming, and it will be Erin, Annaliese and I. Hopefully we'll have some pics to post.
Well, enough of the small talk. Here's some pics...
The Fam...
Annaliese with Nina...
Smile!
With Mommy...
With Daddy...
Otherwise just looking adorable...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Awesome pictures! And those are some amazing smiles for a 3-4 week old. I don't think either of the boys smiled until 5 or 6 weeks.
ReplyDeleteMom said she things she looks like me as a baby...but I definitely think she is much cuter than I was.
"The bad thing is that we also realize what we thought we had thought we figured out wasn't really figured out." Ok, this is my take. You probably DID actually have it figured out. The little secret that no one tells you before you have kids is that they are CONSTANTLY changing. You finally figure things out and they change. You finally get the nap schedule perfect and then a week later the kid changes. You think you have discipline figured out and then another issue pops up. I have this feeling that things are going to continue like this until the kids are grown. :-)
I can't wait to meet her!
She is just adorable and has a cute smile. Lots of hair, too. Just a thought, Meghan was "swimming" at 3 weeks. I just put a hat on her and kept her covered. Wouldn't worry to much about the sun thing.
ReplyDeleteShe is darling you two and she looks very very loved. Sounds like you are all having a lot of fun. Erin you look great!
ReplyDeleteAw, you picked out the best ones! I am still sorting through. LOL She's so precious!! I miss her (oh, and you guys too ;) ) so much already!
ReplyDeleteI've never seen a 3 week old baby smile as much as Annaliese. Seriously, I thought all of you had barely started by then, and was more like 4 weeks at least before smiles came so frequently. I told you - these were REAL smiles, not gas. Haha. You can tell. I pray she always stays so happy.
She is so cute :) thanks for sharing. Glad to hear things are going well.
ReplyDeletethe pictures are so fun to see. She is totally adorable.
ReplyDeleteAaron she is gorgeous!! And I love her name too!! You sound like a wonderful daddy. I am so happy for you!
ReplyDeletegreat pics. she sure does smile a lot. she is very cute. glad that you guys are doing well.
ReplyDelete