2 Year Molars. 'Nuff said?
They have been making poor Amelia's life miserable for the past 2-3 days. Originally, I thought she had a virus, because Annaliese just got over one, and maybe she did, but 2 nights ago I started thinking it was also a tooth. I haven't seen so much drool since she was 4 months old. I got a look tonight (she screamed, but I just had to check... what if it was something worse?) and I saw one of those big bad molars halfway through. I'm not sure how many she has coming in. She has refused to eat much at all for 2 days, and believe me, I've tried everything.. Tylenol and ibuprofen both chewable and liquid, and the foods I'm trying to entice her with...all her regular healthy foods that she eats but when she refuses I try pudding, popsicle, lollipop, fruit snacks, skittles, M&M's, soft cookies,... and all to no avail, except for an occasional mac-n-cheese and a few of the treats mentioned above. The thing with Amelia that has also made her so miserable is that when she gets really hungry, she has a bad temper... in that way she takes after me! :-( She refuses to eat then gets so cranky because she's hungry! She cries.. the poor thing, I wish I could explain it to her, that she needs to eat something, anything! Annaliese has had much practice in being patient the past few days.
So, tonight, we ended up with the following: trying various things for Amelia, she only ate her mac-n-cheese dinner then finally some pudding, a very long night of trial and error, then finally at 9:30pm after baths Amelia with a grape popsicle and a cookie in her hand and Annaliese VERY upset (and probably over-tired) because she didn't get a popsicle, cookie, etc. and Amelia's grape popsicle drippings all over everything. That thing on that website where they say to put a cupcake wrapper on the popsicle stick so it won't drip? That doesn't work. LOL.. I pray Amelia gets some sleep tonight!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment