Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Annaliese- 5 months!

I find that since I've been so busy with school, I only remember to update the blog when Annaliese turns another month old! Same standard monthly post, I guess- Height, weight, and new things I notice about her.

Height: 26.75", Weight: around 17 or 17.5 pounds (scale is inaccurate here- will re-do when at home)
The things I have noticed lately: I can't keep her in tummy time! She always rolls over onto her back within 1-2 minutes after I put her on her tummy. She is still very curious, loves to look around at everything. She's very social too- we recently took a plane trip and at first she just stared at all the people. Then she burst out crying, probably because she didn't know who all the people were or where she was. She thinks certain noises are really funny, like coughing and clearing throat, and she laughs when I pretend to eat her hands :). She still loves attention but can entertain herself with toys too. She really enjoys being thrown up in the air and caught (I will try to get a video of that!) or "flying" around the room. She has been sleeping through the night at least 10-10.5 and sometimes 11-11.5 hours each night. On a typical night she would sleep 7:30pm-6am. No matter what time I put her to sleep, she almost always wakes between 5:45-6:30am. She has started to like to sleep on her side- most nights I find that she has rolled over onto her side and is sleeping that way. She takes about 4 hours worth of naps per day too, that's when I get a lot of my school work done- during naps and after she goes to bed. We tried feeding her rice cereal within the past week or two. It was pretty funny- she gagged on it, and of course she didn't really know what to do when we put it in her mouth. She will learn eventually though. Within the past month, her right lachrymal (tear) duct opened up she doesn't get the green junk in that eye anymore. Only the left eye gets a little bit of green junk, but not too much. She is still drooling a lot, but no signs of teeth yet. When she sees the TV on, or a video on the computer, she gets really mesmerized by it, so I try not to have her around those things too much. She likes to play with her feet, even puts them in her mouth! And of course she likes to grab everything and put everything in her mouth.









2 comments:

  1. Haha! The cereal vid is TOO cute! Love all the pics too! Can't wait to see you guys. Love,
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you mix the cereal with a little applesauce? it helps. :-) She's a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete