Thursday, October 4, 2012

Annaliese at 2 years old

(This was an old post from June that I forgot to publish!)
I want to document some of the funny things that Annaliese says and does lately.  She is really improving with her speech lately.  She can sing lots of songs.  She sings and talks in her bed before going to sleep at night and when she wakes up in the morning.  Here are some of the funny things that she says and does lately:

Songs that she sings: ABCs, take me out to the ballgame, itsy bitsy spider and big headed spider (a variation), circle time (from school), I'm a little teapot, Jesus loves me, Old McDonald, the farmer in the dell

Books that she likes to read by herself: How many hearts (counting), Blue hat green hat, ABC's (Dr. Seuss), the train book, the nursery rhyme book, and picture/word books. 

Much to Aaron's dismay, Annaliese no longer likes dogs or Tony's (the creole seasoning).  On the night of June 5 we were reading books to Annaliese in her room before bed.  She said, "No Annaliese like dogs, Annaliese like cats."   I knew what she meant because she has said it before and because she's shown some fear whenever we see dogs, at least for the past month or so.  But I wanted to clarify so I could look at Aaron's reaction and have a little laugh... he wants to get a dog when he's done with residency, but me, not so much.  And he doesn't like cats.  I said, "you like dogs?"  She says, "No, no dogs.  Annaliese like cat."  

As far as the Tony's, one night in early June Aaron grilled some zucchini and squash.  Annaliese really likes zucchini and squash, especially grilled, but this time he put a lot of Tony's on and it was too spicy for Annaliese.  Now, everything I give her, she says "no spices!"  I hope she can learn to like it again.  I think if there's less on there she will,  because she's liked it in the past.

(This was an old post from June that I forgot to publish!)

No comments:

Post a Comment